On Thursday, May 7, at the Cordelle, Mayor Karl Dean and the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce hosted the Nashville Small Business Forum to help Nashville business owners. This event was hosted in partnership with Nashville Metro Council members and featured a panel of Nashville government officials to provide an overview of Metro's small business incentives and assistance programs. Following the panel discussion, we held a business fair highlighting more than 10 local, state and federal agencies and organizations all focused on helping small businesses.
Watch this event in its entirety or view individual videos of each panelist below.
- The Honorable Karl Dean, Mayor of Nashville (Opening remarks)
- Ralph Schulz, President/CEO, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce (Moderator)
- Michelle Hernandez Lane, Minority and Women Business Assistance Director, Metro Finance Department
- Terry Cobb, Director of Development Services, Mayor's Office of Economic Development
- Davita Taylor, Business Diversity Development Director, Metro Nashville Airport Authority
- The Honorable Jerry Maynard, Council Member-at-large
- Corey Davis, Director of Business Growth Initiatives, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce